The main development home for RMINC can be found here: https://launchpad.net/rminc - that page includes access to the source code, downloads, bug reporting, and facilities for asking questions (and getting them answered, of course).
The main RMINC documentation comes in the form of a mini-book; find the most recent version here: https://launchpad.net/rminc/+download.
Installing the RMINC library the easy way:
- Download the tarball from the Launchpad RMINC website https://launchpad.net/rminc/ (current version (March 12, 2008) is 0.4 https://launchpad.net/rminc/1.0/0.4)
- By default, the library will be installed in /usr/share. If you want to change this location, the R_LIBS variable needs to be set:
- Install the package (example is for the tarball version 0.4):
If you want to make it nice and complicated:
- Retrieve a copy of the bazaar repository of the RMINC library
- Get a copy of the McGill m4 package. They should go in a directory called "m4" inside the root directory of the RMINC installation files.
- The R_LIBS variable determines where the library is installed. By default it will be installed under /usr/share. If you want to install the library somewhere else, the R_LIBS environment variable should be set.
- Run autogen.sh
- Install the package